Monday, September 04, 2017

Peonies: 4 of 30

Dutch Peonies, 8x10" pastel
This is a painting that I started after our trip to Europe but put some finishing touches on today. This count, right? I am allowing myself to do this challenge imperfectly...

The flower markets of Amsterdam were amazing and overwhelming.  So many wonderful choices & no way to take fresh flowers back to our hotel room. I just had to feast my eyes on the abundance!

Original inspiration.

I decided to translate the flower name though.

I also decided to open some of the flowers.
Nancy Medina describes a peony flower shape as a fist with a skirt. I have to agree.  Flowers are wonderful, complex subjects that I intend to explore further this month...

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!