Monday, September 04, 2017

Feeling Crabby: 3 of 30

Feeling Crabby, 9x12' oil on panel, $200
Today's painting is based on a reference photo share with me by author Deborah Dunn. Deborah was one of the women who joined me at Jenny Buckner's painting workshop.  I was thrilled when she let me take a picture of her photo. Blue crabs are fascinating creatures.

Working from my digital image, I laid in a transparent underpainting

I then began to overlay opaque colors.
  
Enhancing the darks was next

Yesterday I tried once again to paint at home with predictable results:


My cat just cant resist trying to help out. This is why I never bring oil paints home.

I am grateful for the many blessings of my life as it is today. 

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!