Thursday, September 14, 2017

Italian Sunflowers, 14 of 30


Italy leMarche region sunflower painting by Marion Corbin Mayer
Italian Sunflowers, 5x7" oil on panel, 14 of 30,  $100

Today I revisited the leMarche region of Italy. We were there mid June and it was HOT! The reference image for this painting was taken when we stopped on our way to a lovely dinner at Terra Cruda Winery.  So much good food & excellent wine!

Once again I started by laying in a transparent under painting then went over the surface with opaque paints. This a small painting, perfect for those intimate places around the house.






It is tricky to capture the feeling of an entire field of sunflowers instead of individual flowers. I am quite happy with how this turned out. What do you think?

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!