Monday, September 18, 2017

Portrait Sketch, 18 of 30

watercolor
Portrait Sketch, 10x8" watercolor, 18 of 30

Today I was back at the Cincinnati Art Club for the afternoon sketch group. The model was clothed & didn't have a neck like a wrestler, unlike here in my sketch.  She did have blue tipped hair though...

I started by painting the shadow areas rather than focusing on her facial features. It helps to keep the work loose & this wasn't meant to be a likeness.  It does resemble her.



I was quite far from the model but I did have a clear view. I get out a card table to spread out my watercolor supplies..


Being able to stretch and practice sketching the human form twice a week is a major benefit to being a member of the Cincinnati Art Club. Our monthly dinner meetings are fun & informative as well.  It's a great place to grow your art practice.  Click here for membership information. We welcome artists, art lovers and collectors.

I am grateful for the blessings of my life as it is today.

Start where you are
Love what you have
Do what you can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your interest!